Casio Lamp Free - Ultra Short Throw Projector (XJ-UT310CWBKT)
If you're looking for a projector solution that will save you time and money, look no further than the Casio Lamp Free Projector. Unlike traditional projectors, there is no lamp that needs to be regularly changed - saving you in both labour and consumable costs. This Casio also has a lower running cost than other projectors which is hugely important when you consider how many classrooms will be using them and for how many hours per day. With theCasio Lamp Free - Ultra Short Throw Projector you simply get clear, bright, sharp imagery without the ongoing costs.
What are the key benefits?
- No maintenance costs – no lamp replacement and no filter cleaning or replacement – zero downtime
- 20,000 hours light source - If a school is open for 200 days per year at 5 hours per day then that equates to approx. 1,000 hours per year (20 years)
- Lowered running costs (it uses less energy)
- Instant on/off technology (8 seconds start-up and no cool down)
- Does not grow dim over time (dynamic brightness control adjusts the output)
- Runs cooler than traditional projectors
- 5 year warranty or 10,000 hours on the light source (return to base)
- Made in Japan.
Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
The TCO for a conventional UST projector normally includes the fact that after approximately 50% of the life of a lamp (2,000 hours?) the brightness starts
to experience a significant dimming. This dimming continues until the lamp fails or is replaced.
There are typically two lamp changes in the life of a conventional projector. The most important fact is that the key cost is not the actual cost of the lamp (often as low as $79 ex GST). It is the labour to replace the lamp plus the administration cost to organise the service call and raise a purchase order, then pay the invoice etc. These costs can typically be between $200 – $350 ex GST or more per lamp change.
This means that with two lamp changes the maintenance costs can total well over $560 on top of the initial purchase price. There is also disruption to the classroom when a maintenance task is carried out.
This is not something you need to worry about with the Casio Lamp Free Projector!
Lower Energy Costs
There is a 30-50% lower power requirement for the Casio Lamp Free projector. That has the potential to be a huge amount of money saved on electricity bills over the course of a year, especially when you have many classrooms all using projectors for several hours per day.
If your school is trying to be more enviromentally friendly, you'll be impressed that not only is there no use of mercury in the projector, the lower use of electricity is much better for the enviroment.