Millions of students and educators around the world have made the switch to Google Apps for education, allowing them the freedom to collaboratively study anywhere, anytime.
One of the biggest features of Google Apps for Education is that your data belongs to you and there are dozens of critical security features in place to keep your data safe. You are in complete control of who you share things with and how you share it while allowing 24/7 access so you can do what you need to do, when you need to do it.
You also have the reassurance of knowing that your data is backed up to Google's servers, so if your computer crashes or is stolen, you can still access your data quickly and easily.
Complete freedom is key with Google Apps for Education. Having everything in the cloud means you can access your emails, documents, calendar and sites anywhere, anytime and with almost any device. How’s that for flexibility!
What makes Google Apps for Education unique?
Fast, easy collaboration is what sets Google Apps for education apart. Say you’re working on a document in Google Docs and you’ve shared the document with your students - they will always have the most up to date version of the the document available rather than the old fashioned way of needing to redistribute the file every time a change is made. It’s clean and it saves you and your students time and energy.
This means that even if you aren’t in the same room, or even the same country, teachers and students can be making and viewing changes to a document that the other can see in real time. Add video chat to that equation and you have a new and exciting way of communicating and collaborating.
Free up bottlenecks by allowing students to work on the same document at the same time in a group project. No more emailing versions of reports back and forth and hoping nothing gets missed! Students can be working on their sections of a report, each in their own homes, on the same document in real time.
If you hate maintaining your IT infrastructure, you’re going to love Google Apps for Education. Students, teachers, administrators and IT staff will always have access to the latest software including security updates and you don’t need to buy, maintain and upgrade servers as everything is stored in the cloud.
You can be up and running with Google Apps for Education very quickly and be confident that you’ll always have the latest and greatest features available to you if you need them.
What’s included with Google Apps for Education?
- Gmail - more than just simple email, you have up to 30GB of storage per user, powerful spam filters and it is designed to help everyone be more productive
- Calendar - helping students and educators better organise their time
- Drive - Up to 30GB of storage space and the ability to share individual files or whole folders with whomever you need to
- Docs - rich documents with the ability to add images, charts, tables and more
- Sheets - a powerful spreadsheet editor with all the features you’ve come to expect
- Slides - create slideshows quickly and easily then publish them so anyone can see them or just just those you choose
- Sites - allow students to build shared workspaces as easily as writing a document while allowing administrators to manage site sharing permissions
- PLUS optional extras you can read about HERE
Did we mention that Google Apps is FREE! That’s right, for K-12 or higher education institutions Google Apps for Education won’t cost you a cent.